A Royal Vow of Convenience by Sharon Kendrick


Review by TashNz
5 Stars

A wonderful story that swept me along and before I knew it I was closing the last page.

Rafe visits his Australian outback property and is curious er and curious er about his new cook Sophie.  He is intrigued by her and knows something's not quite right but can't put his finger on it.  Not one to get involved with staff he finds during a late night swim, he can resist no longer.  All hell breaks loose when it's discovered she's actually a princess on the run and the paparazzi are closing in on her fast.  He whisks her away, telling himself it's to do her a favor.  So begins an adventurous and warm-hearted love story of two people who are so opposite but match each other in a wonderful way.  I sincerely could not believe it when I'd reached the conclusion.

Sharon Kendrick is so good at writing about men that really grate you and then soundly lifts them back up into heroes.  I loved Rafe and then there were moments he really grated me which you'll know what i mean when you read it but that's all part of the fun of becoming involved with the story one is reading I think.  By the end he had well enhanced himself out of my grating category lol.

Cant decide whether to give this story a 4 or 5 so went with a 5 because I couldn't decide and couldn't think of any reason to not award 5 stars.  I loved the variety of locations the book was set, I really liked Sophie's story and Rafe's story and what made him who he is today.  I loved the feeling you get when an author hits the nail on the head with making you believe in the love the two characters are growing.

Congratulations to Sharon for her 100th book.  I've grown up with her books and love them!  A beautiful story for the milestone and thank you to Netgalley for offering me the opportunity to read and provide my honest opinion.